Monday, October 4, 2010

Hey everyone!

How is everyone doing today? How was the past week for all of you? It has been a week of many events and it was good. So to start things off there were transfer calls yesterday and I found out where I’ll be heading for the next six weeks. I am not staying in Merced any longer. I have been here since march and so that will make 7 months which has been a BLAST but It seems the Lord wants me to go somewhere else. I am actually heading up to atwater which is 10 minutes north and will still be in the same branch. So It was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father because I will still be able to see everyone from merced that goes to church and when we have dinners there and then I get to see all the people in atwater I haven’t seen for a long time so I’m super excited! It is still bitter sweet though because it is like home here for me and I’m gonna miss it and everything about it and its hard because it could possibly be the last time I am here since my time is winding down. Note: I’ll be emailing on Tuesdays from now on because in atwater the library is closed on Mondays.

So Saturday and Sunday this past week were AWESOME because there was General Conference. Where the leaders of the church talk to us. It was SO good and I learned SO much. The prophet and apostles and leaders have so much insight and I know that what they say is from the Lord because there is a burning inside my heart as I listen to them and it all just makes sense in my head. I had questions answered that I needed and I’m a little more prepared for the near future. It was just SO good!

So Friday was a fun day. We finished the preparation of the grapes by taking them out of the papers we rolled them in and put them in crates so they can be shipped off and packaged. It was a TON of fun and some really good work because we had a tractor go up and down the rows and we had to grab the rolled up grapes (which were now raisins) and put them in a big crate. Some rows had 400 papers and the tractor was going so it was a race against the tractor so you were able to put them in the crates. The church does SO many raisins. I was told that they produce 100 tons of raisins! That’s a TON!!! Well more like a hundred. Haha

Yesterday was a ton of fun as well. We went over to Julia Lor’s house and ate some food then after put on traditional hmong clothes and took pictures. I have my own pair thanks to julia’s mom. She made some for me. We also were allowed to borrow some of the jewelry and look even better in the hmong clothes.
So that was my week. It was a very good week! Very bitter sweet though but that is life. I hope that all of you had a good week as well. Things are good out here in California for me and I’m excited for this week because we have a baptism for some of the kids I’ve been teaching since they first me us missionaries so that is awesome! I’ll let you know how it goes next week on Tuesday.

Anyways I love all of you and hope all is well

Love always

Elder Eddie Holloway

No comments:

Post a Comment