Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hello Family and Friends

Hey there everyone how are all of you doing? How was all of your fourth of July? I’m going to have to say mine was really BORING! Missionaries have a rule that if you’re not with a member after 7 on the fourth you have to be in your apartment and all our members were out of town so we were stuck in the apartment and had NOTHING to do so that was a pain! It was nice to relax though.

The day before though we had a party with the branch and that was fun. I played some horse shoes with nuttall and deyoung and then ate some really good food like sticky rice and egg rolls. (by far two of my favorite hmong foods they make) then there was plenty of watermelon which I LOVE! So that was nice as well.

Other than that there really isn’t much that happened this past week except today I went to the temple which was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE! I love going because it helps me out so much! I feel so at peace and I just love sitting in there and enjoying the relaxation from all the troubles of life. That’s the best part. I felt it as soon as I walked in and it came right back when I left. I wish I could just live there. Haha

As for the work we have been teaching this really cool hmong girl and she really wants to learn. Her name is cindy yang and she’s 20 we biked past her house one day and I said we should go and try the house since it looked hmong and we knocked and she answered and we’ve been teaching her since and she’s our best investigator and is just awesome. She has nieces and nephews that she watches and I have had a good time with them taking pictures and stuff. They love borrowing my camera! (I’ll attach some pictures) but it is fun teaching Cindy and then goofing around with her little nieces and nephews. Haha I am such a kid at heart I’ve realized I’d rather spend my time teaching and playing around with the little kids than anyone else.

Anyways transfer calls are this Saturday and so I’ll see where I’ll be going to next Wednesday and I’ll have to update everyone next week. I’ll be email Monday next week.

Anyways that’s the update for this week. Nothing interesting eaten or anything like that so I’m going to end this. I hope all of you know I love you and miss you all tons! I hope all is going well and you are all doing good.

Love your favorite missionary
Elder Eddie Holloway




No comments:

Post a Comment